WWW.TRILOBITA.DE Foren-Übersicht WWW.TRILOBITA.DE
Das Forum für ALLE Trilofreunde! - The bulletin board for ALL trilophiles!

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

The spanish outcrops!!
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter

Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    WWW.TRILOBITA.DE Foren-Übersicht -> Fundstellen- und Orte / Quarries
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
trilobite-spain
Regular

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 07, 2006 7:30 pm    Titel: The spanish outcrops!! Antworten mit Zitat

First of all, Hello to every body. Today i was surfing in the net looking for information about the trilobites and i found this very interesting a nice page. I more or less could understand the german lenguages (i was living there for four years!!!) and i decided to joint you.

I would like to tell you some comments about the spanish outcrops where it is possible to find a trilobite. We have different age as for example the oldest trilobites from europe!! they are found in Sierra Morena S Spain but they are extremely rare and the outcrops are strongly protected. Fortunately, during my university studies i was lucky to do a field work in that area and collect some of them really nice. There are several papers and publications about them for example linan et al. The outcrops are located in the nearby of cordoba in Andalucia and it is also possible to visit very nice bioherms of archeociates.

Another important outcrop (llandein) are located in ciudad real province where wonderful specimens of ordovivic trilobites can be found. Hundreds of seekers have been in these outcrops and there is not easy to find them now but nevertheless if you are lucky the reward will be wonderful!!!

So, with these notes i just want to introduce you in the Spanish trilobites so if you have some comments i will be glad to discuss with you.
Xiphogonium
Site Owner

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 07, 2006 8:00 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hello there and welcome!

Thanks for introducing us to the places in Spain where trilobites can be found. It seems hard to get some of these trilobites from traders. I know one Spanish trader who runs a web site that also sells Spanish trilobites but frankly spoken I don't like it. A lot of the stuff he sells is more than suspicious, particularly the usual Moroccan suspects. But that's just my personal opinion. Pirate

As for collecting it seems that collectors in Spain face the same situation like we do here. Officially it is prohibited to collect in most places, albeit still possible. Wink

Do you collect trilobites and if yes, do you concentrate on Spanish trilobites or do you collect other material as well?

Mike
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trilobite-spain
Regular

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 07, 2006 9:40 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks for your welcome!!

Yes, of course i collect trilobites and i have my own "small" collection of trilobites. I have spanish trilobites from my student times and also some of them from other countries, nevertheless i only have a discrete collection. Actually, i am also interested in the geology of the cambrium time, so even when it is avoided to take samples, i visit the outcrops in order to see the facies, the conditions and stuffs.

I have been living in Hamburg for 4 years but i didnt have idea that it was possible to hunt trilobites in Germany. Some people told me about the swedesh trilobites of the morraine deposits but i was always unlucky!!!. During last year due to personal reasons i am also pretty interested in the czech trilobites but i dont know anything about the conditions of the outcrops and it is possible to visit them. So, i just have some of them and i got them after payment of quite amounts of money.

I suspect about the spanish page that you mentioned and i am totally agree with you!!!!!!
Xiphogonium
Site Owner

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Okt 07, 2006 9:46 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

There are places where you can actually collect trilobites here in Germany with little risk, if you know where to go. The Eifel, of course, being a world famous collecting site of Devonian fossils of all sorts is still available. I collected just two weeks ago with one of the professionals. We found a lot of fragments of Proetids, Phacopids and Scutellids. I found one complete Dohmiella and several Phacops cephala.

There are other places here where you can collect.

As for the Czech Republic I may be able to give you a contact or to hand you over to members of this forum who have been collecting in the Czech Republic just recently.

My collection is not very big either, I just started 3 years ago with this hobby.

Mike
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen AIM-Name Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trilobite-spain
Regular

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 08, 2006 11:20 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

It would be great to meet somebody who knows about the czech outcrops, maybe it would be possible to make a exchange of spanish for czech or german trilos!! Probably i will visit the barrendian basin next spring but first i would like to know either it is possible to collect in the outcrops or it is "dangerous".

About the eifel zone, i listen about this area but i never had the change to visit the zone, maybe during my next trip to germany i could take somedays off to visit it. WIth respect to the spanish trilobites, yesterday i saw the old collection of one of my friends and it is incredible what wonderful exemplares he got several years ago in the ordovician outcrops!!! he has some of the nicest Illaenus Hispanicus that i ever saw.

ARe you collecting only trilobites or you collect every group? At the moment I am living in a "neogene region" where it is possible to find really nice echinoids from lutecien!!.
Andries
Trilomaniac

BeitragVerfasst am: So Okt 08, 2006 12:42 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi,

unfortunatly presently I don´t have much time.
I am learning for two tests in 4 days, therefore I don´t have
much time.
Czech trilobites are still good to collect, nevertheless it isn´t easy.
Even if you know the places, it won´t be easy to collect a complete one.
On some places you can collect without risking to be fined, on other places it is still risky.

If you have question just ask Pavel or me.

greetings Andries
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Xiphogonium
Site Owner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 09, 2006 10:07 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I used to collect other stuff as well but I now concentrated on trilobites. It is a financial question as well ... Wink

Mike
pavel2
Human Trilobite

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 09, 2006 10:22 am    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hello trilobite-spain,

1. my English ist not goog, that's why I am writing briefly
2. I am from Czech republic and collecting Czech trilobites
3. I have just sent you a message with my conntact data Wink

If you want, I can give you some informations about Czech Cambrian

regards Pavel
trilobite-spain
Regular

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 09, 2006 8:04 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks again for the message!!! i am very happy to see that you are really interested in trilobites. First of all i want to comment that today i was collecting ammonites and sponges and that is the reason because i didn´t replice early!!!!. No Mike, i don´t have any finnantial interest!!! i just told you because some of my friends here use to change fossils with people from other countries and region but my poor collection is still not ready for changes Smile.

Thanks to Pavel for your invitation to give me information about the czech trilobites!!! As soon as i will go to Prague i will contact you and them we could drink a couple of Pivo and eat some Klobasa together Laughing .

So people have fun and i will be looking forward to the answer!!! This weekend i will go home and i will try to get some photographs of my trilobites to show you how nice are the spanish trilos!!!
Xiphogonium
Site Owner

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Okt 09, 2006 8:07 pm    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I was not saying that YOU had any financial interest! Rolleyes2

What I meant was that I had to concentrate on trilobites because MY financial situation does not allow to spread my money on several different groups. Wink

Mike
Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    WWW.TRILOBITA.DE Foren-Übersicht -> Fundstellen- und Orte / Quarries Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Weiter
Seite 1 von 2

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.