TRILOBITA.DE
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Fundstellen und -orte / Quarries » Poland-some examples » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Poland-some examples
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
anonimus anonimus is a male

Registration Date: 17.09.2009

Poland-some examples Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want to show some trylobtes from Poland

Phacops is from Kowala quarry in Holly Cross Mountains Famennian

Phillibole aparathensis richteri (Osmólska1968 ) From Intra-Sudetic Depression.
To finde that visean one i spend abaut 2 weeks in my lokality. Usually trylobites were incomplete ony 2 were complate. In majority case from cephalon only cranidium left. This has even eyes in details. Fortunately it is close to mu house that why i was digging so long.

anonimus has attached these images (downsized versions):
trylobit 15.jpg wysłać.jpg

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by anonimus: 17.09.2009 18:55.

17.09.2009 17:40 anonimus is offline Send an Email to anonimus Search for Posts by anonimus Add anonimus to your Buddy List
Michael Michael is a male
Inner Circle

Registration Date: 16.02.2007
Herkunft: Oberfranken

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello anonimus,
welcome to the forum. Your trilobites are very interesting, I don´t know so much about polish trilobites and localities. Thank you for showing these nice bugs, hope that you will find some more and show these here !
greetings,
Micha :]
17.09.2009 22:24 Michael is offline Send an Email to Michael Search for Posts by Michael Add Michael to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by anonimus
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

More photos of Phillibole aparathensis richteri (Osmólska1968 ) from Intra-Sudetic Depression. Incomplete one with a calamite and something like a trace?
Does any one know is there a papier abaut visean trylobit trace fossil? There was no polish reserch at this time. It would by nice to compare this with other lokalites.

Michael I m not suprised they are rare but sometimes somebody finde something realy good. Most of them usually is laying in public institucions. They ara of course in private hands but who has keep it. That is why.

anonimus has attached these images (downsized versions):
tryl.jpg trop.jpg trop 2.jpg trylobit 27.jpg

18.09.2009 17:59 anonimus is offline Send an Email to anonimus Search for Posts by anonimus Add anonimus to your Buddy List
Andries Andries is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-91.gif

Registration Date: 30.01.2007

very intresting, I heard about trilos in Poland, but I´ve never been there.
Thanks for showing us the pictures.
20.09.2009 21:29 Andries is offline Send an Email to Andries Search for Posts by Andries Add Andries to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Registration Date: 18.03.2007
Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

quote:
Original von anonimus
More photos of Phillibole aparathensis richteri (Osmólska1968 ) from Intra-Sudetic Depression. Incomplete one with a calamite and something like a trace?
Does any one know is there a papier abaut visean trylobit trace fossil? There was no polish reserch at this time. It would by nice to compare this with other lokalites.

Michael I m not suprised they are rare but sometimes somebody finde something realy good. Most of them usually is laying in public institucions. They ara of course in private hands but who has keep it. That is why.

Dear Anonimus,

I´m happy to see now the 2nd trilobite collector from Poland in our forum. Welcome. You showed us very interesting and rare trilobites. The devonian Phacops looks very promising with his good shell preservation. I heard from the Kowala quarry, but I have´nt seen any trilobites from there. This quarry is known for the mass occurence of blind phacopid trilobites (Trimerocephalus). You showed us a other phacopid with good developed eyes, probably a litte bit older than the trilobites from the Trimerocephalus-Bed. I gues Givetian? Probably complete trilobites are rare, but their good preservation is a good point for more intensive collections. Be carfully when you collect, look especially for cross sections as we showed in this forum under the topic preparation and Schnittbilder (means cross sections)...

The visean trilobites are wonderfull, especially the first one. I have´nt seen such a good carboniferous trilobite like your specimen. Congratulations, I think the 2 weeks work are acceptable for such an unigue find.
You ask about a reference about carboniferous trilobite trace fossils. I don´t a a reference and I did´nt ask Google about this, but I´m sure that this fossil is not a trace fossil. But I can´t give a better guess, it look really uncommon. Is the shale fine enough to allow soft tissue preservation, in this case I suggest the idea of a "worm"-fossil or may be a plant remain... But surly no trilobite walking trace like Cruciana, such trace looks comletly different.

All the best and let us participate on more of your findings.

The Holy Cross Mountains are also interesting for their Upper Ordovician trilobites ;-)

greetings,

Jens
21.09.2009 01:50 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by anonimus

I was in Kowala only once with somebody who know where is what. I have also that blinde Trimerocephalus. I may say that this was good day. I do not know the age each part of that quarry. I know that mass occurance of Trimerocephalus is a history this part is closed for visitors becouse of security reason.

Holy Cross Mountains ih known not only Upper Ordovician trilobites i think you
read: PALAEONTOLOGIA POLONICA No. 11, 1959 Z. KIELAN Upper Ordovician trilobites from Poland and some related forms from Bohemia and Scandinavia. But all of trylobites are rare if you finde one(or just a part)on day that is a good tay.

This prezerwacion is as it was there was nothing done specialy. I do not want to do eany demage.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by anonimus: 24.09.2009 22:42.

24.09.2009 20:35 anonimus is offline Send an Email to anonimus Search for Posts by anonimus Add anonimus to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Fundstellen und -orte / Quarries » Poland-some examples

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH