TRILOBITA.DE
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Quellen & Literatur / Resources & literature » Oklahoma Trilobites new web site » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Oklahoma Trilobites new web site
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ebonino ebonino is a male

Registration Date: 01.02.2009

Oklahoma Trilobites new web site Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear trilobitophyles

Just to inform that George Hansen has opened a new web site concerning Oklahoma trilobites.

I suggest to take a look because there are really beautiful pictures of this amazing fauna.

The address is: http://blackcatmountain.com

Enrico

http://www.backtothepast.com.mx
27.10.2009 10:20 ebonino is offline Send an Email to ebonino Homepage of ebonino Search for Posts by ebonino Add ebonino to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of ebonino: e_bonino@yahoo.it View the MSN Profile for ebonino
Xiphogonium Xiphogonium is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-125.gif

Registration Date: 26.01.2007
Herkunft: Banana Republic

RE: Oklahoma Trilobites new web site Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Indeed. I ordered his book "Trilobites of Black Cat Mountain" some weeks ago and it was delivered while I was still in Morocco.

I did not have a chance yet to give it an intensive review but I will bring it to the Munich Show tomorrow as Harald would also like to have a look.

The images in the book are not the best, it would appear, but it contains a lot of information.

Best regards

Mike

27.10.2009 10:29 Xiphogonium is offline Send an Email to Xiphogonium Homepage of Xiphogonium Search for Posts by Xiphogonium Add Xiphogonium to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Xiphogonium: xiphogonium

Thread Starter Thread Started by ebonino
RE: Oklahoma Trilobites new web site Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree with you Michael.

Unfortunately the images are too much "raw" and the shades of grey don't render the beauty of these bugs.

In opposite side the text is really full of informations and easy to read. The graphics clear and most are up-to-date.

I have acquired the book from George (it is possible to buy the digital version too and at very good price), but except the images it is a good book to add at the personal trilobite library.

Send my greetings to Harald that I hope to meet in Liège in November during the Mineral & Fossil expo.

27.10.2009 10:37 ebonino is offline Send an Email to ebonino Homepage of ebonino Search for Posts by ebonino Add ebonino to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of ebonino: e_bonino@yahoo.it View the MSN Profile for ebonino
Xiphogonium Xiphogonium is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-125.gif

Registration Date: 26.01.2007
Herkunft: Banana Republic

Certainly will! :]

27.10.2009 10:42 Xiphogonium is offline Send an Email to Xiphogonium Homepage of Xiphogonium Search for Posts by Xiphogonium Add Xiphogonium to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Xiphogonium: xiphogonium
Jani Jani is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 03.06.2009
Herkunft: Turku, Finland

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got my Trilobites of Black Cat Mountain couple months ago and it is a good book. I'm now on page 86.

That new website looks very interesting. I haven't seen before that Proetus sp. Anbetung
27.10.2009 19:38 Jani is offline Send an Email to Jani Homepage of Jani Search for Posts by Jani Add Jani to your Buddy List
Löwe4 Löwe4 is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpg

Registration Date: 19.03.2007
Herkunft: Schweiz

Dear Enrico

I am glad to see that your contributions to the forum are very stimulating. Thank you. Since I think your are a real expert, I appreciate your comments and hints.

:D

Applaus2
27.10.2009 20:48 Löwe4 is offline Send an Email to Löwe4 Search for Posts by Löwe4 Add Löwe4 to your Buddy List

Thread Starter Thread Started by ebonino

Hey Löwe4

this is not true.

I'm simply a "Trilolover" as many of you and not a professional.
Unfortunately I'm not German speaking (nor very English speaking too) and my contributions are very rare, but when I can participate I do that with pleasure.

Enrico

27.10.2009 22:34 ebonino is offline Send an Email to ebonino Homepage of ebonino Search for Posts by ebonino Add ebonino to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of ebonino: e_bonino@yahoo.it View the MSN Profile for ebonino
Piltonia Piltonia is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-120.jpg

Registration Date: 05.04.2008
Herkunft: Holland

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good photography and interesting in-depth information, I'll definitely be looking at these caramel beauties more then once!

Thanks for sharing with us Enrico!

cheers,

Mark
27.10.2009 22:53 Piltonia is offline Send an Email to Piltonia Search for Posts by Piltonia Add Piltonia to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Piltonia
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Quellen & Literatur / Resources & literature » Oklahoma Trilobites new web site

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH