TRILOBITA.DE
Registrierung Kalender Mitgliederliste Teammitglieder Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite

TRILOBITA.DE » Sammler stellen vor / Collector's corner » Eigene Präparate / Your preparations » Reedops cephalotes hamlagdadianus » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Reedops cephalotes hamlagdadianus
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Jens Jens ist männlich

Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

Reedops cephalotes hamlagdadianus Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi,

after looking at the fine Reedops pembertoni, I looked after own material I stored on my external hard drive. There I found some pictures of Reedops cephalotes hamlagdadianus ALBERTI, 1983, a specimen I prepared years ago and may be known from trilobiten.de.

I took the old pictures and refigure them here in a higher resolution.

The interesting thing is, that my specimen shows also fine prosopon structures at the rostral plate, but when comparing Fred's specimen, clear differences are visible.

Atchana Reedops

The ornamentation of the rostral plate is somewhat different (I think finer) than in Reedops cephalotes hamlagdadianus. A interesting point and a reason to look closer to other Reedops-species for a comparison, may be there are differences at the species level.
Also the morphologic interpretation might be a point of interest. Probably the structures are useful for digging?

The specimen is not self collected, but comes probably from a layer close to the Dicranurus couche from Atchana, Pragian, Morocco.

greetings,

Jens

Jens hat diese Bilder (verkleinerte Versionen) angehängt:
Reedops.jpg Reedops-Seite.jpg Reedops-vorn.jpg Reedops-Pygidium.jpg

23.01.2012 14:50 Jens ist offline E-Mail an Jens senden Homepage von Jens Beiträge von Jens suchen Nehmen Sie Jens in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Fred
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-141.jpg

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

It will be interesting to compare them in hand, side-by-side. The ornamentation is somewhat different but it's subtle. Also, the glabella seems to be protuding further in your specimen.
23.01.2012 22:25 Fred ist offline E-Mail an Fred senden Homepage von Fred Beiträge von Fred suchen Nehmen Sie Fred in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Jens Jens ist männlich

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Jens
Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi Fred,

yes a comparison with the original material is always helpful, much better than pictures. But unfortunately the specimen is in Greifswald and that is far, far away.
I have another specimen of that species, may be I should prepare it, but there are many other trilobites on the to do list;-)

A characteristic feature of the Reedops cephalotes hamlagdadianus is the protruding front of the glabella, it's unique and you will not find another Reedops with such a long head in Morocco;-)

And the R. c. hamlagdadianus is not small, I'm not sure, but I think the adult size is larger than of the other species.

A difference of the prosopon structure seems, that the pembertoni has developed somewhat stronger visible terrace lines and smaller dots (tubercle). However fine, that we can compare the specimens.

Has someone other Reedops species at hand. Maybe one from Oklahoma? Or the Reedops maurulus??

greetings,
Jens
24.01.2012 10:58 Jens ist offline E-Mail an Jens senden Homepage von Jens Beiträge von Jens suchen Nehmen Sie Jens in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Fred
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-141.jpg

I'll try to make a close up pic of the prosopon one of these days.
24.01.2012 11:11 Fred ist offline E-Mail an Fred senden Homepage von Fred Beiträge von Fred suchen Nehmen Sie Fred in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Jens Jens ist männlich

Themenstarter Thema begonnen von Jens

thanks Fred.

and try to do it with a mm-scale, for size comparison;-)

greetings,
Jens
24.01.2012 11:22 Jens ist offline E-Mail an Jens senden Homepage von Jens Beiträge von Jens suchen Nehmen Sie Jens in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
TRILOBITA.DE » Sammler stellen vor / Collector's corner » Eigene Präparate / Your preparations » Reedops cephalotes hamlagdadianus

Impressum

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH