TRILOBITA.DE
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Quellen & Literatur / Resources & literature » Cambrian Jbel Ougnate area trilobites » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Cambrian Jbel Ougnate area trilobites
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jani Jani is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 03.06.2009
Herkunft: Turku, Finland

smile Cambrian Jbel Ougnate area trilobites Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just received 4 cambrian trilobites from Jbel Ougnate area, Morocco. I would like to get some good reference articles to identify these little fellows. Any ideas where I can find these articles in the internet and hopefully for free. :)

Jani
28.02.2011 15:17 Jani is offline Send an Email to Jani Homepage of Jani Search for Posts by Jani Add Jani to your Buddy List
Xiphogonium Xiphogonium is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-125.gif

Registration Date: 26.01.2007
Herkunft: Banana Republic

RE: Cambrian Jbel Ougnate area trilobites Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think Gerd Geyer would be your man (amongst others). Check for this name on the internet. I do not know just now if and how much of his work is available on the web and which is available for free, though ...

28.02.2011 15:36 Xiphogonium is offline Send an Email to Xiphogonium Homepage of Xiphogonium Search for Posts by Xiphogonium Add Xiphogonium to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Xiphogonium: xiphogonium
ebonino ebonino is a male

Registration Date: 01.02.2009

RE: Cambrian Jbel Ougnate area trilobites Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jani

a good reference for many trilobites coming from this locality is the following:

Geyer, G. 1990. Die marokkanischen Ellipsocephalidae (Trilobita: Redlichiida). - Beringeria, 3: 363 pp.

Never found in digital version (unfortunately), the volume is available here: http://www.palaeontologie.uni-wuerzburg.de/bering.htm

Enrico

http://www.backtothepast.com.mx

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ebonino: 28.02.2011 19:27.

28.02.2011 19:27 ebonino is offline Send an Email to ebonino Homepage of ebonino Search for Posts by ebonino Add ebonino to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of ebonino: e_bonino@yahoo.it View the MSN Profile for ebonino
Andries Andries is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-91.gif

Registration Date: 30.01.2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Jani,

nice to see you back in the network. :D

It is hard to identify cambrian/Ordovician stuff from Morocco.
As Mike and Enrico already told here, Geyer is one of the only person worldwide dealing with this topic.

But don´t think it is easy, I still try to get all of his papers, but it is difficult.
Even if you have them, it wouldn´t be easy to identify them correctly. They look very similar through serveral ages and though the preservation of the trilobites it is difficult to distinquish without knowing the exact locality and ages.

Can you make some pictures?
09.03.2011 10:46 Andries is offline Send an Email to Andries Search for Posts by Andries Add Andries to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Quellen & Literatur / Resources & literature » Cambrian Jbel Ougnate area trilobites

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH