TRILOBITA.DE
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

TRILOBITA.DE » Bildsammlung / Image collection » Nach Taxon / By taxon » Famille des Harpetidae (Hawle & Corda, 1847) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Famille des Harpetidae (Hawle & Corda, 1847)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-143.jpg

Registration Date: 23.02.2012
Herkunft: Française

Famille des Harpetidae (Hawle & Corda, 1847) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Classification : Harpetida - Harpetina - Harpetoidea
Représentant type de cette famille : Harpes (Goldfuss, 1839)

Diagnose générale de cette famille :
Céphalon : d’une façon générale il est semi-circulaire, ovale.
Avec un prolongement du bouclier céphalique par de fortes pointes.
Bouclier céphalique granuleux ou perforé par des centaines de fosses,
Ou présence chez certains genre des caecums génaux.
Glabelle rappelant le nez d’un humain, relativement fusiform, possédant
De 1 à 3 Paires de sillons glabellaire pas toujours très marqués.
Sur le côté de la glabelle présence constante de 2 lobes latéraux
Ovoïdes ou triangulaires, lobes dits pré-occipitaux. Anneau occipital convexe.
Surface visuelle très petites, on parle ici de tubercules avec 2 lentilles
Semi-circulaire adjacent aux lobes glabellaires postérieurs et relié par
Une crête oculaire bien marquée.
Thorax : composé de 12 (eoharpes) à 29 (harpes) segments thoraciques.
Plèvres droites et se finissant légèrement inclinées.
Pygidium : petit court, triangulaire, avec peu de segments.

Répartition : de l’Ordovicien inférieur au Dévonien supérieur

Ma collection de Harpetidae :

Crozo has attached these images (downsized versions):
123-Harpes.jpg 134-Bohemoharpes.jpg 234-harpes.jpg

08.03.2012 08:54 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

Thread Starter Thread Started by Crozo
RE: Famille des Harpetidae (Hawle & Corda, 1847) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

suite,

Crozo has attached these images (downsized versions):
247-Eoharpes.jpg 498-Dolichoharpes.jpg 508-Lioharpes.jpg

08.03.2012 08:54 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Registration Date: 18.03.2007
Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Crozo,

again some interesting trilobites. The Harpetida are really a high interesting order and we discussed about this here in the forum at length.

The first specimen seems to me a bit different to the real Harpes, with a more round shape, a feature we know from Bohemoharpes. I agree that the specimen comes from the Pragian and Petite Oufaten is probably only another word for the locality l'Atchana.

And for the last one, determinated as Harpes perradiatus from the Pragian, that can't be right. It's okay to label that one as a Harpes, but the species H. perradiatus looks complete different, with coarse pits at the brim. I own the original publication in which the type is figured.

By the way, all what normally called Harpes perradiatus from the Maider basin belongs not to the species described by Richter & Richter. Your specimen is probably from the Lower Eifelian of the Issoumour, where especially in the region of Bou Dib similar specimens were collected for the market by local trilobite hunters.
For the moment I can't give a proper determination, probably the 2 known species from Eifelian of the northern Maider are undescribed and new.

regards,
Jens
08.03.2012 14:19 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Xiphogonium Xiphogonium is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-125.gif

Registration Date: 26.01.2007
Herkunft: Banana Republic

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Harpetids! Hechel! We do need more Harpetids!

As far as the perradiatus is concerned, I believe the image on the card shows the specimen from a sort of distorted angle so it may look a little different than what we are used to. However, frankly speaking, I would have placed it under the same label, even though I am aware that all the "perradiatus" specimens are most likely something else.

13.03.2012 19:34 Xiphogonium is offline Send an Email to Xiphogonium Homepage of Xiphogonium Search for Posts by Xiphogonium Add Xiphogonium to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Xiphogonium: xiphogonium
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

I think that there is a big main part work to make still on this family of "harpetidae", especially from Morocco. We can observe many differences on these specimens Moroccan. He is true that mine (see above) in him(it) thorax fossilized in right angle (usual posture to this kind). Thank you and to sson.
14.03.2012 08:46 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Fred
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-141.jpg

Registration Date: 24.10.2008

I randomly picked one of these topics to express my admiration at your efforts to bring us a systematic overview of these trilobite families.

Nice, congrats, we like it and more of the same, please! Glücklich5
15.03.2012 16:26 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

Thank you for your remarks, it is kind.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crozo: 15.03.2012 16:36.

15.03.2012 16:36 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Registration Date: 18.03.2007
Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

Hi Crozo,

quote:
Original von Crozo
I think that there is a big main part work to make still on this family of "harpetidae", especially from Morocco. We can observe many differences on these specimens Moroccan.

Yes, as for many other devonial trilobites of Morocco, there are much left, which are not described or bad known. Especially the Harpidae got not much attention.

quote:
Original von CrozoHe is true that mine (see above) in him(it) thorax fossilized in right angle (usual posture to this kind). Thank you and to sson.

Yes, I made similar observations, a good part of Eifelian Harpes-specimens of Morocco have the thorax oriented in the 90° downwards directed position. Many collectors prefer the outstretched ones, but such specimens are rare.
At the moment I work on my own Harpes, also with that mentioned thorax-position. I'm not sure if this is the normal position, because outstretched specimens look normal too;-) And also in other places of the world, a outstretched thorax seems to be find in many specimens.
But I agree, there is somewhat special with this position. Because I observed a minute undulation of the thorax. Its difficult to explain. The thorax goes straight down, but there are minure ups and downs in the orientation of the frequent segment. May be its visible when I have finished the preparation.

For the moment I give only the link to the not finished specimen.

Präparation von "Was ist das" - 3 - gelöst: Harpes sp.

regards,
Jens

PS: Keep going your work in presenting us your huge collection, its unbelievable how many different specimens you have collect.
15.03.2012 16:49 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

new genre of Harpetidae Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Information for Moroccan specimen.
The specimen " Harpes neogracilis " exchange of genre and becomes " Eskoharpes neogracilis ".
Study carried out by " Kenneth, Mc Namara, Raimund Feist and Malte C. Ebach " in 2008.
The good end of day.

Crozo has attached this image (reduced version):
123-Eskoharpes.jpg

03.10.2012 16:02 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
TRILOBITA.DE » Bildsammlung / Image collection » Nach Taxon / By taxon » Famille des Harpetidae (Hawle & Corda, 1847)

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH