TRILOBITA.DE
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

TRILOBITA.DE » Bildsammlung / Image collection » Nach Taxon / By taxon » Famille des Conocoryphidae (Angelin, 1854) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Famille des Conocoryphidae (Angelin, 1854)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-143.jpg

Registration Date: 23.02.2012
Herkunft: Française

Pfeil Famille des Conocoryphidae (Angelin, 1854) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Classifictaion : Ptychopariida - Ptychopariina - Ptychoparioidea
Représentant type de cette famille : Conocoryphe (Hawle & Corda, 1847)

Diagnose générale de cette famille :
Cephalon : de forme semi-circulaire à trapézoïdale.
Pas de systéme visuelle (trilobite aveugle).
Avant de la glabelle effilée avec une champ pré-glabellaire assez developpé.
Suture faciale est de type « Opisthoparian ».
Sutures céphalique latérale marginale ou se divisant longitudinalement.
Glabelle possédant 3 sillons glabellaire allant de peu à bien marqués,
Inclinés vers l’anneau occipital, lui-même possédant une très courte
Pointe occipitale. Angle génal se terminant par une pointe dans
La plupart des cas (sauf chez les Hopses et Helyx).
Thorax : composé de 7 segments (chez les Hopses) et
jusqu’à 25 segments (chez les Meneviella). Segments généralement
se terminant en pointe plus ou moins longues.
Pygidium : de forme globalement petite, avec sur le rachis de 1 à 8 annneaux
Axiaux (1 chez l’Atops et 8 chez le Conocoryphe).
Présence d’une marge postéro-latérale, surface légèrement granulée.

Répartition : du Cambrien inférieur à l’Ordovicien inférieur (Trémadoc.)

Ma collection de Conocoryphidae :

Crozo has attached these images (downsized versions):
019-Conocoryphe-h.jpg 026-Bailiella.jpg 132-conocoryphe-s.jpg

05.03.2012 08:27 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

Thread Starter Thread Started by Crozo
RE: Famille des Conocoryphidae (Angelin, 1854) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Suite,

Crozo has attached these images (downsized versions):
225-ctenocephalus.jpg 482-Bailiella.jpg 483-ctenocephalus.jpg 196-Conocoryphe-g.jpg

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crozo: 16.04.2012 13:52.

05.03.2012 08:28 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Registration Date: 18.03.2007
Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Croto,

again stunning specimens.

I can give you additional information concerning the swedish material. Please change that Brantevik (in Skane) is somehhow associated with Gotland. Thats not true, the Isle of Gotland is situated some 100 km to the north in the Baltic Sea. The mentioned locality is at the beach near Brantevik. By the way, the people there did not like that fossil hunters collect there. Therefore try not to smash stones there, we spoke with the people there and they were really unhappy that after geological excursions the beach is littered with stone fragments.

http://www.trilobita.de/wbb2/attachment....tachmentid=4185

Since some years the deteriminatiton of Ctenocephalus exulans ist changed to Hartella exsulans (Linnarsson, 1879), a close related genus, but without genal spines.

regards,
Jens
05.03.2012 10:04 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, Jens. thank you for the location(localization) of Brantevik, you are right, she is not situated on Gotland, I réctifie that. On the other hand concerning the Kind(Genre) Hartella, I have just found a PDF on this trilobite, and Mr COTTON ( 2001 ), clarifies that the kind(genre) " Ctenocephalus " is always valid, but also he is followed by a sub-kind(sub-genre) " Hartella ", thus I summarize for this specimen, normally his(her,its) name is " Ctenocephalus ( hartella ) exsulans. of whom think of it you?. Thanks to bientot also how to change or kill(abolish) a photo for the modifications which I want to bring?.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.11...-4983.00176/pdf

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crozo: 05.03.2012 11:21.

05.03.2012 11:21 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Hi Crozo,

we follow the bible of the german collectors of Middle Cambrian erratic boulders. Frank Rudolph did a good job (dissertation) in revising the taxonomy of many species found in erratic boulders (with baltic origin) in Northern Germany.

He proposed the use of the genus Hartella, but unfortunately I have his book not at hand, I own it, but its still in another flat and therefor not available;-)

here may be a possibility to get it for cheap:

http://www.amazon.de/Die-Trilobiten-mitt...e/dp/3929671042

its in german, but for taxonomic reasons very important, you should try to get hand on it.

Thanks for the link to the Cotton paper, its also important, and I didn't recognized that paper before;-)

Cotton ignored the work of Rudolph 1994, so I'm not sure, if he is trustworthy when he did not know the relevant references.

regards,
Jens
05.03.2012 11:38 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

OK, thank you for this comment, not easy to give him(her) a name correct then, Ctenocephalus (Kind(Genre) or not?) Hartella (sub-kind(sub-genre) or Kind(Genre))? I am going to ask the question to a friend knowing well the subject. Thank you Jens and to soon
by
05.03.2012 16:49 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Hi Crozo,

its not a big difference, when you use Ctenocephalus (Hartella) or Hartella as a separate genus. Probably its better, because Hartella is a female genus and a combination of a male genus and female subgenus is somewhat strange. I'm pretty sure, that the use of Hartella as a own genus is supportable. Ctenocephalus has some differences and at least after the work of Adrian & Jell, who discussed all own trilobite genera and used all subgenera as genera, yeah, after that work, you can probably do as you want, when naming your genus;-) I prefer Hartella and when you google that name, you will find papers doing so and others using the traditional form as a subgenus;-)

regards,
Jens
05.03.2012 17:15 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
pavel2 pavel2 is a male
Inner Circle

Registration Date: 29.01.2007

RE: Famille des Conocoryphidae (Angelin, 1854) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi,

the image of Conocoryphe gerlinda shows C. cirina from Rejkovice. I suppose, the reason for that wrong ID is the fraudulant behavior of a Czech dealer - he offered C. gerlinda in a pub in the villige Skryje. C. gerlinda (Skryje) is much rarer than C. cirina (Rejkovice). Cirinas were transported to the pub in Skryje and offered there as C. gerlinda as a rare conocoryphid from Skryje. This wrong ID was used by some seller on ebay too.

Sorry for my bad Englisch

Pavel
08.04.2012 03:06 pavel2 is offline Send an Email to pavel2 Search for Posts by pavel2 Add pavel2 to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

Also if I indeed understand, I have to change my index card of conocoryphe gerlinda it conocoryphe cirina, it is good that?.
Thank you
11.04.2012 19:08 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
pavel2 pavel2 is a male
Inner Circle

Registration Date: 29.01.2007

yes, cirina is correct
13.04.2012 15:56 pavel2 is offline Send an Email to pavel2 Search for Posts by pavel2 Add pavel2 to your Buddy List
Crozo Crozo is a male
Inner Circle

OK, thnak you so much, i change that soon.
thank pavel
bye
14.04.2012 02:40 Crozo is offline Send an Email to Crozo Search for Posts by Crozo Add Crozo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
TRILOBITA.DE » Bildsammlung / Image collection » Nach Taxon / By taxon » Famille des Conocoryphidae (Angelin, 1854)

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH