TRILOBITA.DE
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

TRILOBITA.DE » Sammler stellen vor / Collector's corner » Eigene Präparate / Your preparations » A classic » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page A classic
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Fred
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-141.jpg

Registration Date: 24.10.2008

A classic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Being side-tracked due to a very successful ammonite hunt (I can be a sinner sometimes), I recently picked up trilobite preparation with this specimen. A classic. Very sticky material, too. I bet the first guess will be a winner.

Fred has attached this image (reduced version):
Cut.jpg

25.07.2012 14:51 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Xiphogonium Xiphogonium is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-125.gif

Registration Date: 26.01.2007
Herkunft: Banana Republic

RE: A classic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No more first guesses by me! Glücklich5 I do tend to ridicule myself by my lack of dimensional thinking! Naja

25.07.2012 14:58 Xiphogonium is offline Send an Email to Xiphogonium Homepage of Xiphogonium Search for Posts by Xiphogonium Add Xiphogonium to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Xiphogonium: xiphogonium
Administrator

RE: A classic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, then, let's ridicule myself ... a Hollardops,. perhaps? Ooops6

26.07.2012 08:56 Xiphogonium is offline Send an Email to Xiphogonium Homepage of Xiphogonium Search for Posts by Xiphogonium Add Xiphogonium to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Xiphogonium: xiphogonium
Fred
Inner Circle

Thread Starter Thread Started by Fred
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Aaaah, glad you squeezed out an answer nonetheless. It's correct, congrats for your rediscovered multidimensional thinking capacities! Glücklich5
26.07.2012 09:06 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Schubidubi Schubidubi Schubidubi

Every dog has its day! Or, as we say in German: Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn! Glücklich5

26.07.2012 09:11 Xiphogonium is offline Send an Email to Xiphogonium Homepage of Xiphogonium Search for Posts by Xiphogonium Add Xiphogonium to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Xiphogonium: xiphogonium
Jens Jens is a male

Registration Date: 18.03.2007
Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

Congrats Mike,

good choice. After a quick look I was not sure, if this is a Hollardops, because the thorax is somewhat hollow curved and there is some relief at the head. But anyway, the choice with Hollardops seems to fit and probably Fred knows exactly where he found it and what for trilobites can be expected there.

all the best and I curios to see the prepped specimen.

Jens

(by the way, I'm at home (in Rostock) and now online with my new surf-stick)
26.07.2012 14:17 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Fred
Inner Circle

I've commenced the preparation and, as was to be expected, the matrix is very sticky and progress is rather slow and difficult.
26.07.2012 15:44 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Hi Fred,

can we see some pictures of the progress;-) ?

greetings,
Jens
08.08.2012 10:40 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Fred
Inner Circle

Yes, pics are coming this evening Glücklich5
09.08.2012 09:09 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Fred
Inner Circle

Here goes... Not an easy one, in particular the cephalic part is sticky.

Cut.jpg

09.08.2012 23:18 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
juniper juniper is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-144.jpg

Herkunft: Aschaffenburg

Note the tiny spine tip at the end of the genal spine tip !
Wish you good luck with the trilo, though sticky it should turn out a nice one under your caring hands Smiley5

Best regards
Klaus

2.Trilobiten-Tagung (19./20.2.2011): Abstracts der Vorträge
09.08.2012 23:43 juniper is offline Search for Posts by juniper Add juniper to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Hi Fred,

as Klaus said, interesting tip on the genal spine. The whole spine looks short, is this the perspective or is he shorter than usual?

nice work and keep going;-)

greetings,
Jens
09.08.2012 23:56 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Fred
Inner Circle

It's the perspective, the tip is longer. I'll take the next progress photo from the side.
And well spotted by Klaus, there is indeed a small needle on top of the genal spine.
10.08.2012 00:04 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Andries Andries is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-91.gif

Registration Date: 30.01.2007

Hi Frederik,

nices Hollardops your are preping, is it from the Psychopyge couche or Hollardops couche?
Due to the fine granulation on the Hollardops they can be sometimes really awefull in the preparation, hopefully yours isn't the same.

Greeting, Andries
29.08.2012 01:00 Andries is offline Send an Email to Andries Search for Posts by Andries Add Andries to your Buddy List
Fred
Inner Circle

I'm not 100% sure of the couche. I acquired the specimen from a digger near Mrakib. The fine granulation makes this one difficult indeed. Preparation is delayed due to some other preparation projects, but I'll post a progress pic soon.
31.08.2012 12:43 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Fred
Inner Circle

An update, some progress is made on thorax and pygidium. The central pygidial spine also has a small 'needle', it's not clearly visible in the pic.

DSC_4568.jpg

12.09.2012 09:36 Fred is offline Send an Email to Fred Homepage of Fred Search for Posts by Fred Add Fred to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Hi Fred,

nice progress, I know Hollardops needs time;-) Its a large specimen and I guess its Hollardops mesocristata. Unfortunately its a widespread species and known from many localities. I'm not sure, if the digg at Mrakib in the Upper Emsian, but who knows where the worker had also looked for trilobites.

Have fun with this one and I think the result at the end will be very good.

regards,
Jens
12.09.2012 10:50 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Diacanthaspis Diacanthaspis is a male

images/avatars/avatar-65.gif

Registration Date: 13.02.2007

Hi Fred,

this one looks already nice. I like Trilobites that show this "U" Posing.
This one can be easily also come from Oufaten.

cheers

Heiko
12.09.2012 19:21 Diacanthaspis is offline Send an Email to Diacanthaspis Homepage of Diacanthaspis Search for Posts by Diacanthaspis Add Diacanthaspis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
TRILOBITA.DE » Sammler stellen vor / Collector's corner » Eigene Präparate / Your preparations » A classic

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH