TRILOBITA.DE
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Identifikation / Identification » Dalmanitinae? from Sweden » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Go to the bottom of this page Dalmanitinae? from Sweden
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jani Jani is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 03.06.2009
Herkunft: Turku, Finland

Dalmanitinae? from Sweden Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here is another ID needed case.

I know this is a phacopid and It looks a Dalmanitinae but I'm not sure its species.

This is from Ålleberg, Västergotland, Sweden.

Width is ca. 3 cm.

Thanks,

Jani

Jani has attached this image (reduced version):
dalma.jpg

24.09.2011 20:21 Jani is offline Send an Email to Jani Homepage of Jani Search for Posts by Jani Add Jani to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Registration Date: 18.03.2007
Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Jani,

this fragment is hard to determinate. The fragmentation mode is interesting and reminds me to material which was the result of a predatory attack. But anyway, I suppose you collected in the so called Dalmanitina beds of Västergötland. Therefor its very possible that this fragment belongs to Dalmanitina. A quick Google search showed me, that Dalmanitina is obviosly not in use, its the senior synonym of Mucronaspis and the genus is commonly used nowadays and very important to indicate Hirnantian deposits. Mucronaspis mucronata is widely distributed and a index fossil for the Hirnantian glaciation.

here some links for additional research:

http://www.nhm.uio.no/forskning/samlinge...bergoya_fm.html
http://www.kirj.ee/public/Estonian_Journ...2010-1-1-24.pdf

all the best,
Jens
24.09.2011 22:36 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Jani Jani is a male
Inner Circle

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 03.06.2009
Herkunft: Turku, Finland

Thread Starter Thread Started by Jani
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you very much Jens for your help.
25.09.2011 18:20 Jani is offline Send an Email to Jani Homepage of Jani Search for Posts by Jani Add Jani to your Buddy List
Jens Jens is a male

Registration Date: 18.03.2007
Herkunft: HGW, momentan Jura, Schweiz

Yeap, no problem;-)

Jens
26.09.2011 17:09 Jens is offline Send an Email to Jens Homepage of Jens Search for Posts by Jens Add Jens to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
TRILOBITA.DE » TRILOBITA.DE-Forum » Identifikation / Identification » Dalmanitinae? from Sweden

Privacy policy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH